Wizards With Rockets
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
Wizards with Rockets is a 2D top-down shooter featuring singleplayer campaign with AI and network multiplayer. It is pretty self-explanatory. Wizards have rocket launchers. And they're fighting each other with them.
Making it as a technical challenge for myself, and just as a "simple" game for the sake of making a game and releasing it.
Made with C Programming language and Allegro 5 graphics and multimedia library. The rest of the code/game engine made by me.
In the game, you play as a wizard with a rocket launcher. You traverse through levels, fighting other wizards that shoot at you and move around, along the way. The goal is to survive and get to the end of the game.
Currently under development. Many great features are planned, such as full-working multiplayer, physics, enhanced with scripting language, in-game cinematics, and more gameplay features to make the game more interesting.
I intend to release this game on Steam at some point. It may take a while longer. But one day, eventually.
Follow this game to receive updates as I post Dev Logs and new builds.
For now, feel free to download the game free of charge, that's totally ok. Once the game is much nearer to "version 1.0" and Steam release, I will disable the free option. But I'm far from doing that. Feel free to play the game as it is for free in the mean time!
The game can be run in server or client mode. To run it as a client open it in command prompt and pass in the arguments --server_addr <server address>.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Quiet Release - Christmas Hats and Small FixesDec 05, 2021
- Poll and a Competitor!Jun 14, 2021
- Finished art, acceleration, custom window resJun 13, 2021
- New Build - 11/04/2021 - New Graphics!!Apr 11, 2021
- Major Update - New menu, resolution changing, other optionsSep 16, 2020
- Small update - Increased difficulty and level savingApr 27, 2020
- 2 Years of Development for Wizards with RocketsApr 27, 2020
- Single Player - Finally, New Build - New Maps and Under Hood ChangesApr 26, 2020
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.